Aplikim për punë
Sought: Financial and Admin Officer
Application deadline: 9 December 2015
Streha Center invites applications for the position of a part time Finance and Administrative Officer for the USAID-funded Building Human and Institutional Capacity Program in Albania. This is a limited time position starting December 2015 and ending March 2016.
This part time Finance and Administrative position requires a person to work mainly with Streha’s Executive Director to accomplish such financial and administrative tasks as compiling monthly and annual reports, budget analyses, procurement, human resource functions, and the cashier function. This Finance and Administrative Officer will also be responsible for supporting the organization in fundraising by compiling accurate budgets for various call for proposal. All procedures must be done according to Streha internal regulations. The candidate must possess a university degree, have experience in finance and office administration, demonstrate good written and spoken English, very good excel skills, meticulousness, excellent communication and inter-personal skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with staff and partners. Experience in working with various donors would be a plus. Major functions of the Finance and Administrative Officer include the following:
- Procuring, maintaining, disposing of office equipment/furniture including full documentation as needed
- Payment of salaries, office rent, electricity, telephone, social insurance and other bills
- maintaining personnel files including updated leave, holiday and sick leave records
- Filing/record keeping of all procurement, financial and accounting documentation.
- Preparing and communicating in coordination with the Executive Director, with donors regarding wire transfer requests;
- Maintaining petty cash funds using standard procedures.
- Completing monthly and annual financial reports according to written procedures;
- Maintaining accurate financial accounting receipts/records;
- Provide an analysis of budget versus actual expenses, flagging possible problems;
- Communicating with donors regarding accounting matters.
- Drafting employment contracts and amendments;
- Providing basic IT services to office staff (software updates, printer installation, trouble-shooting and engaging a specialist when required)
- Receiving visitors, offering refreshments as needed.
- Performing the work of project coordinator for occasional programs;
- Preparing Project program files for closeout
- Contributing to Project reports as requested
- Assisting with project development, especially budgetary information
- Assisting programming staff in emergencies;
- Performing various tasks as requested by the Executive Director.
Requirements of the Candidate
- University degree in finance/economics or related discipline;
- At least 3 years experience in finance and office administration preferably in the non-profit sector or private sector;
- A deep understanding of LGBT and/or other human rights issues in Albania
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel, MSWord and Internet use
- Fluency in Albanian and English
- A valid B class driver’s license would be a plus
The signed Application Cover Letter explaining why you are qualified for the position and Curriculum Vitae with references must be in English and submitted electronically to: Livia Zotrija, Outreach Coordinator, Streha at [email protected]; cc: [email protected]
Applications should be sent as soon as possible but by Wednesday 10:00am December 9, 2015. Additional information about Streha Center is available at www.strehalgbt.al or from 0699839189.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Shkruaj mendimin tënd...