Open Call for Mini Grants
Aleanca Kunder Diskriminimit LGBT and Pro LGBT Announces
The open call for mini-grants aiming at the improvement of the lives of LGBT community in Albania by raising awareness among different groups of professionals, raising awareness of the general population and strengthening capacities of young activists. This call is eligible for individuals and organizations from 6different regions of Albania: Shkodra, Durrsë, Elbasan, Lezhë, Vlorë, Korcë.
Who are we?
Aleanca LGBTI is an Albanian non-governmental organization that envisions a free from discrimination, open and equal Albanian society that embraces diversity and is inclusive of people of all sexual orientations, and gender identities. The Mission is to support, empower and increase the visibility of the LGBTI communities in Albania. To enhance and protect the human rights of LGBTI. To strengthen advocacy tools and capacities to ensure meaningful participation on policy level and development and implementation of programs that addresses LGBTI issues. To document the human rights abuses that serve as barrier to full realization of LGBTI and LGBTI sex workers rights to access to services.
What is the open call?
This open call for Mini-Grants is announced under the PRIDE (Promoting Rights, Inclusiveness, Dignity and Equality for LGBT in Albania) project implemented by IREX Europe, Aleanca Kundwr Diskriminimit LGBT and Pro LGBT, with support from the European Union. PRIDE aims to strengthen LGBT organisations and activists’ role in promoting acceptance, inclusion and protection of the LGBT minority in rural and urban Albania, with a particular focus on protecting at-risk marginalised youth LGBTs, and to promote respect for LGBTs’ fundamental rights.
Overall aims of the open call for small grants areto:
- Raise awareness among different groups of professionals and service providers on LGBT and gender-sensitive approaches;
- Strengthen and empower young LGBT activists from different regions of Albania;
- Raise awareness on LGBTI issues among the general population (eg: through cultural activities/events/campaigns/publications);
- Strengthen the cooperation between young potential activists and Civil Society organizations outside of Tirana
The amount of funding made available to implement a project under this Open Call for awareness raising Mini Grants is 1000 EUR.
Who can apply:
- Registered organizations focused on human rights and/or media
- Individuals in cooperation with a registered civil society organization(funds will have to be channeled through the organization)
- Priority will be given to organizations which work outside of Tirana, and for projects implemented in the 6 target areas
- Project duration: maximum 10 months
How and when to apply?
- To apply, you can fill in the application form which can be found here and send it by emails to [email protected]and[email protected]
- The deadline for submission of project proposals is 9th of December.
For more information onthis call, procedure of application and criteria of selection, please do not hesitate to write or call Ms. Livia Zotrija, Email:[email protected] Tel: 00355692355774.